2. We do not provide legal advice - Whilst the documents and information on this website has been prepared by experienced legal practitioners, in making them available to you we are not providing legal advice. The purpose of the documents and information is to provide you with a “first draft”. Our documents are intended to provide you with a quick and affordable means of commencing discussions with the parties you wish to contract with – our objective is to provide you with suggestions as to the issues that should be considered for inclusion in a contract. We recommend that you should always have draft contracts reviewed by qualified legal practitioners prior to using them to establish contractual rights and obligations.
3. Responsibility for choice of documents – Whilst we attempt to give some guidance as to the situations in which certain documents might be used, you are solely responsible for your choice of document. We cannot and do not warrant that a document you decide to order is appropriate or suits your particular circumstances.
4. Restricted Licence to Use – You acknowledge that you get no ownership of the copyright in the documents that you order. You are granted a non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to use the documents acquired from this website for the sole purpose of preparing contracts that you, or the entity or entities that you act on behalf of, are a party to, which licence will be restricted to:
(a) modifying the documents to suit the particular transactions you are negotiating;
(b) making and transmitting copies for the purposes of review to individuals in your organisation, to your professional advisers and to representatives of organisations with whom you are negotiating a transaction – authorised recipients may modify and retransmit copies back to you and your representatives as part of the negotiation process;
(c) if you are an attorney, you may make and transmit copies to other attorneys in your firm, to your immediate client in the course of providing legal representation, and to parties with whom your client is negotiating a transaction and their attorneys – authorised recipients may modify and retransmit copies back to you and your client as part of the negotiation process;
(e) if the document is designed to be distributed with your software (e.g. a licence agreement), then you may include one version of the document when supplying the software.
We reserve all rights not specifically granted to you. Without limiting the generality of this reservation, you are expressly prohibited from selling, sub-licensing, renting or loaning the documents.
5. Prohibition of Access and Use by Competitors - The documents are not licensed for use by publishers of legal precedents or templates. If you are, or are acting on behalf of, such a publisher, we expressly prohibit you from accessing the documents and other information on this website or obtaining any of the documents or information through a third party. Should you do so then we will take legal action against you and the publisher for which you act for breach of our trade secrets and intellectual property rights. You warrant that you are not accessing the documents and information or any of them for the purpose of providing competitive products to the documents offered on this website.
6. Refunds or Exchanges – Our products are unlike normal physical products in that customers could retain a copy of them and continue to use them even though they also seek a refund or exchange. Because of this we are most unlikely to allow any refunds or exchanges except in exceptional circumstances to be determined by us in our absolute discretion.
You agree that to apply for a refund or exchange, you must write to us setting out:
(a) the intended purpose to which the documents were to be applied;
(b) the identity and contact details of the person for whom you purchased the product (we may contact that person to discuss, and request copies of, the documents you have provided to them);
(c) the reasons that you want a refund or exchange;
(d) copies of the materials or documents you have provided to that person in place of the Contract Domain product in relation to which you now want a refund or exchange; and
(e) any other information or materials we ask for that we believe is relevant to our decision.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties - To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, that the documents will be free of errors, that our website or web-server is free of viruses or any harmful components or will be uninterrupted.